- Poll: Which Summerfest headliner is your favorite? Vote in our poll below.
The BloodCenter campaign is called “Give Blood, Go Free,” and it’s an effort to boost blood donations during the slow summer months. BloodCenter says between summer vacations and the decrease in school and community drives, it could use the extra donors.
“Blood donations through BloodCenter of Wisconsin are a priceless gift that can help save the lives of children and adults who are seriously injured, undergoing surgery or being treated for cancer and other illnesses,” the organization said in a statemet. “As a small ‘thank you’ to those generous donors, BloodCenter is offering a free ticket to Summerfest, which can be used at any time throughout the festival’s run June 27-July 1 & July 3-8.”
In addition to the Wauwatosa BloodCenter at 8733 Watertown Plank Road, you can donate at:
- Brown Deer, 5960 W. Brown Deer Rd.
- Greenfield, 7210 W. Edgerton Ave.
- Kenosha, 8064 39th Ave.
- Milwaukee, 638 N 18th St.
- Mount Pleasant (Racine County), 1120 S. Sunnyslope Rd.
- Sheboygan, 1018 S. Taylor Dr.
- Waukesha, 2111 Springdale Rd.
- West Bend, 130 Valley Ave.
Donors are asked to mention “summer” when making their appointment by calling 1-877-BE-A-HERO (1-877-232-4376). Anyone 16 or older who is in general good health and meets eligibility requirements is encouraged to donate blood. The entire process takes about an hour and all blood types are needed. Donors should bring a photo ID.