The public is invited to "Carols of Christmas," a free sing-along and celebration Tuesday evening at First Congregational Church, 1511 Church St.
Joseph Brachmann, artistic director of Choral Masters, will lead the singing and presentations of the carols.
"In order to experience your carol singing with renewed understanding and inspiration," Brachmann said, "brief, scholarly historical information and musical context will be presented before each carol is sung.
"It is my hope that the inspired poetry and beautiful melodies will bring you great joy and that our community singing will be filled with a spirit of faith, hope, and love."
The musical celebration begins at 6 p.m. in the church sanctuary.
Below is a list of carols to be sung, in French, American, Polish, German, and English settings:
- O Come, All Ye Faithful
- Go, Tell It on the Mountain
- What Child Is This?
- Infant Holy, Infant Lowly
- Joy to the World
- In the Bleak Midwinter
- It Came Upon the Midnight Clear
- O Come, Little Children
- The First Noel
- Lo, How a Rose E'er Blooming
- Hark! The Herald Angels Sing
- O Little Town of Bethlehem
- Bring a Torch, Jeanette Isabella
- Once in Royal David's City
- Angels, We Have Heard on High
- Silent Night