When Tosafest winds down late Saturday night, thousands will have sated themselves on food, drink and music in the Village.
But save some room. Bright and early Sunday morning, the second annual edition of the grand revolving food-fest known as 10 Days In Tosa begins.
Through Sept. 19, 20 great restaurants will offer selected menu items at breakfast, lunch and dinner for just $5, $10 or $20.
As before, this year's version of 10 Days in Tosa is organized as a fundraiser for the Wauwatosa Chamber of Commerce, and it is even simpler to enjoy than last year's, which required a variety of coupons or certificates.
"We've made it as easy as it can be," said Kari Miller, the associate director of the chamber. "You don't need any certificates this time. All you have to do is show up."
Here's this year's lineup of restaurants and their basic discounted offerings (an asterisk denotes a Restaurant Sponsor):
- *, 317 N. 76th St. (Breakfast and lunch items at $10)
- *, 7677 W. State St. (Breakfast, $5; lunch, $10; dinner $20)
- Café Perrin, 5901 Vliet St. (Breakfast, $5; lunch, $10; dinner $20)
- , 2201 N. Mayfair Rd. (Lunch, $10; dinner $20)
- *, 7754 Harwood Ave. (Lunch, $10; dinner $20)
- Hector's – A Mexican Restaurant, 7118 W. State St. (Lunch, $5; dinner $10)
- *, 10499 Innovation Dr. (Breakfast, $10; lunch, $10; dinner $20)
- *Jackson’s Blue Ribbon Pub, 11302 W. Bluemound Rd. (Lunch, $5; dinner $10)
- *Jimmy’s Island Grill-Radisson Hotel, 2303 N. Mayfair Rd. (Breakfast, $10; lunch, $10; dinner $20)
- , 6030 W. North Ave. (Lunch, $10; dinner $20)
- , 7208 W. State St. (Lunch, $5; dinner $5)
- , 7610 Harwood Ave. (Lunch, $10; dinner $20)
- Maggiano’s Little Italy, 2500 N. Mayfair Rd. (Lunch, $10; dinner $20)
- *, 6732 W. Fairview (Dinner, $20)
- Meritage Restaurant, 5921 W. Vliet St. (Dinner, $20)
- , 10842 W. Bluemound Rd. (Lunch, $10; dinner $20)
- , 7606 W. State St.(Lunch, $5; dinner $10)
- *, 7616 W. State St. (Dinner, $20)
- , 6822 W. North Ave. (Breakfast, $5; lunch, $5)
- , 5539 W. State St. (Lunch, $10; dinner $20)
The principal co-sponsor along with the Chamber is IT Staff Technical Resources.
Community sponsors include Aurora Healthcare, Bobby Pantuso of Coldwell Banker – Homesale Realty, , , , , Miller & Ogorchock S.C., Mount Mary College – Office of Graduate Education, The Ruby Tap, Storm, Balgeman, Miller & Klippel S.C., , Trees of Hope WI – Fighting Blood Cancers, VISIT Milwaukee and Vrakas/Blum CPAs and Business Advisors.
Besides getting a great value in your meals, participating in 10 Days In Tosa helps sustain the Chamber of Commerce’s continued growth and its member services and programs.
"The chamber primarily relies on member dues to fund its annual budget of about $80,000," Miller said, "but needs to find new sources of revenue to keep apace with its growth. The 10 Days in Tosa event was a natural fundraising option as the city has blossomed in recent years as a dining destination.
"The 10 Days in Tosa event is not just about dining. The event serves as a springboard for marketing Wauwatosa as a whole, by drawing more people into the city for a special dining offer that can lead to discovering other things the city has to offer such as the many fine businesses, parks, and neighborhoods."
You can contact the Wauwatosa Chamber of Commerce at 414-453-2330 or email@example.com. You can also download the promotional flyer listing all the restaurant offers to carry with you as you explore Wauwatosa dining.