Wauwatosans are a sentimental lot. Despite having a choice among the many exciting places that have sprung up in and around town in recent years, when asked about their favorites, they embrace the tried and true.
Last week, it was the century-old Locker's that folks identified as their favorite florist.
This week, with "Best Breakfast Spot" on the menu, , a local fixture since 1942, took the honors.
Ted's, at 6204 W. North Ave., is a family owned and operated establishment, where patrons will find a large dining counter dominating the dining room. It's an invitation to meet and greet the old-fahoined way.
The menu, which consists of classic American diner fare, features items such as eggs, bacon, ham, pancakes, burgers and milk shakes. Ted's also offers a weekly fish fry.
- Hours: Tue - Thu, 7am - 3pm; Fri, 7am - 8pm; Sat, 7am - 2pm; Sun, 7am - 1pm; Mon, closed
- Phone: 414-258-5610
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Founding Date: 1942
- Payments accepted: American Express, Cash, Debit Card, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- General services: Eat-in, Take-out
- Parking: Free lot, On-street: free
- Cuisine: American, Diner
- Price level: $
- Reservations: Not accepted
- Features: Breakfast, Dinner, Kids' Menu, Lunch
- Dress code: Casual