You’re invited to help celebrate the success of the Cashel Dennehy School of Irish Dance as it once again brings home world championship titles.
The Senior Girls Ceili troupe returned from the 2012 World Irish Dance Championships in Belfast, Ireland, as the Ladies Under 19 Ceili Team
Four of the eight members of the world champion team are from Wauwatosa.
The first-place finish was the second world title for the team, having also
won in 2010.
“This team represented Cashel Dennehy at the World Championships so incredibly well and we are thrilled to once again bring home a world title to Wisconsin,” said teacher Laura Gottschlich, who was in Belfast for the event. “All of our dancers showed amazing dedication and hard work and we couldn’t be more proud of every one of them.”
A festive welcome home will also recognize 2012 World Qualifiers, the third-place Junior Mixed Ceili Team, and 20th-place Junior Girls Ceili team, both of which also competed in Belfast.
The gathering is from 7 to 10 p.m. Saturday at the Irish Fest Center, 1532 Wauwatosa Ave. There will be a short dance program at 8 p.m.
In true Cashel Dennehy style, guests are asked to bring a dessert or light
appetizer or snack to share.
Soda will be available, and adults may bring their own adult
beverages. “Cashel Wear” is encouraged, including a kilt if you have one.
There will be Irish music, a chance to meet other dance school families, and a preview selection of Rhapsody in Blue raffle/auction
On-site parking is limited. You may park at ,
or parking lots, on side streets, or at public lots in the Village.
Members of the first place world championship team include:
- Kate Abbott, Fort Atkinson: Fort Atkinson High School
- Mackenzie Bryant, Wauwatosa: Wauwatosa East High School
- Jessica Gibson, Wauwatosa: Wauwatosa East High School
- Mary Beth Jablonowski, Glendale: Dominican High School
- Kayla Jashinsky, Milwaukee: Pius High School
- Natalie Rondinelli, Whitefish Bay: Divine Savior Holy Angeles High School
- Lauren Sayles, Wauwatosa: Wauwatosa East High School
- Gabrielle Caron-Schuler, Wauwatosa: Wauwatosa East High School
Not only did Cashel Dennehy bring home the gold, the school had other impressive wins at the World Championships in Ireland, including:
Under 16 Mixed Ceili Team: Cashel Dennehy, Third Place
- Ian Doherty, Glendale
- Sarah Jablonowski, Glendale
- Logan Kittle, Milwaukee
- John McCarthy, Brookfield
- Kelsey Plank, Wauwatosa
- Gabby Procopis, Wauwatosa
- Lucy Siepler, Oak Creek
- Michael Wall, Wauwatosa
Under 16 Girls Ceili Team: 20th Place
- Ellie Blake, Sun Prairie
- Kelly Conaghan, Madison
- Logan Crizer, Whitefish Bay
- Becky Hobson, Sussex
- Claire Kotlowski, Waukesha
- Mackenzie McElduff, Whitefish Bay
- Nadia Peppler, Wauwatosa
- Ellie Traudt, Whitefish Bay
- Colette Harling: 23rd Place Medal, Girls Under 16 competition
- Abby Reynolds: 47th Place, Girls Under 13 competition
Other soloists representing Cashel Dennehy included Kathleen Jorgensen, Bridget MacKenzie, Natalie Rondinelli and Gabrielle Caron-Schuler.
Since 1982, Cashel Dennehy School of Irish Dance has offered lessons to boys and girls of all abilities, from ages 5 and up. The school has locations in Wauwatosa and Madison. Teachers include Kathy Dennehy, Laura Gottschlich, Kate Habel, Maura Heck, and Alyssa Harling.
If you have any questions, please contact Karen Rondinelli, board member of the Parent Booster Organization, at email@example.com or call 414-962-4944.
RSVP on Facebook.