Nominations are being accepted for the Wauwatosa Citizen of the Year for 2012.
Since 1964, the Wauwatosa Distinguished Citizen Award Council has annually recognized individuals who have made a distinguished contribution to the community life of Wauwatosa.
The 2012 Citizen of the Year recognition is planned for April 24 at Bluemound Country Club, 10122 W. North Ave.
Nominations may be made by any person, group or organization, but self-nomination will not be accepted. The required nomination forms are available at the City Clerk’s office in City Hall, or you may email Patrick McNally at email@example.com for an electronic copy.
The deadline for nominations to be received by the Wauwatosa City Clerk is Jan. 9.
Rules for nomination:
The following rules will apply to all nominations:
1. To be eligible for nomination for the Wauwatosa Citizen of the Year Award, nominee(s) shall have made significant voluntary contributions to community life in Wauwatosa, subject to the following limited criteria:
a. No financial remuneration shall have been received.
b. Normal unpaid extensions of primary job responsibilities are not considered to be voluntary.
2. It is not necessary for nominee(s) to be a resident of Wauwatosa, but service in and to Wauwatosa and its residents is mandatory.
3. Nominations may be made by any person, group of persons, or organization, but self-nomination will not be accepted.
4. Individuals serving as officers or club representatives of the Wauwatosa Distinguished Citizen Award Council will not be eligible for nomination during their term of office.
5. All signed nominations must be submitted on the Nomination Form. Additional information, up to a maximum of 500 words, may be included on a separate sheet. Nomination forms not meeting these criteria will be returned to the nominator. If multiple nominations are received for a candidate, a member of the executive committee will ask those who submitted nominations to collaborate for one submission.
6. The Wauwatosa Distinguished Citizen Council is not bound to select a recipient every year.
7. The deadline for nominations to be received by the Wauwatosa City Clerk is Wednesday, January 9, 2013.
8. Additional forms may be obtained from the City Clerk’s office in Wauwatosa City Hall or from Award Council Members.
9. The Council encourages groups to resubmit nomination papers from previous years if their candidate was not selected.
Mail or deliver to:
Wauwatosa City Clerk
7725 W. North Ave.
Wauwatosa, WI 53213