Each spring, the young thespians of Tosa East Players take over the stage to perform their own work – student-written, student-directed and student-designed, as well as acted.
The Student Play Festival this year takes place next Friday and Saturday nights (June 1 and 2) in the Dale K. Hidde Theatre at Wauwatosa East High School. Showtime each night is at 7 p.m.
The Play Festival also functions as a fundraiser. Admission to the shows is free, but donations to the Tosa East Players are greatly appreciated, said Holly Wilinski, secretary and student director for the group.
The student-written shows that will be presented are:
- “Leviathan” and “Purgatory,” both written by Rose Spice-Kopischke
- “Sly Fox” by Kyle Mabie, Evan Bertz and Carl Behlmer
- “The Tiniest Pharaoh” by Remy Ripple
- “Higgs: A Particle’s Pilgrimage to Enlightenment by Tuxford Turner, and
- “Imaginary” by Kerry Billings
The student directors are Isaac Anderson, Sara Armstrong, Kerry Billings, Nora Maltz, Christian Siebert, Gilly McBride, Ana Kraus, Sara Spry, Ian Cline, Anthony Horn, Courtney Parbs, and Hailey Rakowiecki.