Maxie's Southern Comfort Restaurant
Maxie's packs a punch of delicious southern flavors. Its inspirations include the "low country" cooking of the Carolinas, Creole and Cajun styles of Louisiana, traditional slow-smoked southern BBQ and comfort foods of all kinds. It also features a celebrated raw bar, serving fresh oysters, clams and shrimp flown in fresh five days a week.
Its culinary styles are from afar but it demonstrates commitment the community, buying much of its food from local farmers. And its accolades are numerous, awarded the title of the Shepherd Express's best Cajun and soul food. Its chef, Joe Muech, was also named Wisconsin's best.
- Fax: 414-292-3979
- Hours: Mon - Thu, 4am - 10pm; Fri - Sat, 4pm - 11pm; Sun 4am - 9pm.
- Handicap Accessible: Handicapped parking available
- Founding Date: 2007
- Payments accepted: Cash, Debit Card, Diner's Club, Discover, MasterCard, Personal Check, Visa
- Products: Food, beverages
- Food & dining options: Gluten-free, Natural, Organic, Vegan, Vegetarian
- General services: Catering, Eat-in, Phone orders, Take-out
- Menu link: www.maxies.com/milwaukee/MaxieDINNERmenu.pdf
- ATM: No
- Parking: Free lot
- Private events: Yes
- Cuisine: American, Cajun / Creole, Soul Food, Southern
- Price level: $$
- Reservations: Not accepted
- Executive chef: Joe Muech
- Number of tables: 30
- Features: Banquets, Catering, Dancing, Dinner, Happy Hour, Kids' Menu, Outdoor seating, Private Parties
- Atmosphere: Bar Scene, Fine dining, Fun, Late-night