Milwaukee County Zoo
Since 1882, the Milwaukee County Zoo has brought patrons to far away lands with animal exhibits from all over the world. Beginning as a miniature mammal and bird display at Washington Park, the Zoo currently houses more than 300 species of exotic and endangered animals. In addition to the more than 2,500 animals, attractions at the Zoo include a miniature train ride through the zoo grounds, the Birds of Prey and Friends show, the Seal/Sea Lion Show, camel and pony rides, a sky lift and a 25-minute guided tour on a tram. Parts of the Milwaukee County Zoo can be rented out for corporate or private events with full catering and bartending services. Milwaukee County residents receive a reduced rate on Wednesdays and a $1.75 discount every day by presenting a valid I.D.
- Hours: Nov - Feb: Mon - Fri, 9:30am - 2:30pm; Sat, Sun, 9:30am - 4:30pm. Mar 1 - May 27: Daily, 9am - 4:30pm. May 28 - Sep 5: Daily, 9am - 5pm. Sep 6 - Oct 31: Daily, 9am - 4:30pm.
- Handicap Accessible: Wheelchairs and scooters are available for rental.
- Founding Date: Original: 1882; Current location: 1958
- Ticket information: Admission to the zoo is based on the season. Adult: $11.75 - $13.25; Junior (age 3-12 yrs): $8.75 - $10.25; Senior citizen (age 60 and over): $10.25 - $12.25; Children (2 and under): free
- Buy tickets online [link]: store.milwaukeezoo.org
- Student discounts: No
- Senior discounts: Yes
- Private parties: Yes
- Food/drink: Yes
- Parking: Paid lot
- Restrictions: No smoking
- Number of animals: 2,500
- Animal species: 300
- Area: 200 acres
- Features: Guided tours, Internal transportation, Live shows/lectures, Petting zoo
- Facilities: Gift shop, Lockers, Picnic areas, Restrooms
- Map [link]: www.milwaukeezoo.org/visit/map