Tosa Pool at Hoyt Park
One of Wauwatosa's proudest civic achievements, Tosa Pool at Hoyt Park opened in 2011 after citizens raised $8 million in donations to rebuild the former Hoyt Park Pool, which closed in 2003.
The new pool is a state-of-the-art facility with the features of a small water park. It offers zero-depth entry, a variety of slides, fountains and play pieces and broad decks for sunning (and plenty of shade, too).
Concessions are sold in the lovingly restored Depression-era bathhouse, which can be rented for private affairs. The pool and bathhouse are managed by the private non-profit Friend of Hoyt Park & Pool, "Bringing summer back to Wauwatosa."
- Hours: Open Swim Hours* Parent/Tot: Monday - Friday 9 - 11 am Weekdays: Monday - Thursday 12 - 4:30 pm Friday: 12 - 6 pm Evening: Tuesday & Thursday 6 - 8 pm Saturday & Holiday: 11 am - 6 pm Sunday: 11 am - 8 pm
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Founding Date: 2011
- Parking: Free lot
- Are there any interesting facts about this location?: The bathhouse and former pool were built under the Works Progress Administration during the Great Depression. Until closed in 2003, Hoyt Park Pool was the most-visited pool in the Milwaukee County Park System.
- Features: Athletic fields, Benches, Picnic tables, Playgrounds
- Services: Food/drink, Lockers, Restrooms, Showers
- Membership info: http://friendsofhoytpark.org/Membership.aspx
- Private events: Yes
- Class Schedule Link: www.wauwatosa.k12.wi.us/tosarec/
- What's the most important rule for this pool?: Have fun!